1/25/2011

Selena Gomez Was Rejected By Disney Casting Director


The 18-year old was told she was "not strong enough" to have her own show...


Selena Gomez has revealed that she was once told by a casting director that she was not "strong enough" to front her own TV show.
Gomez, who is said to be dating teen heartthrob Justin Bieber, claims that before landing the lead role of Alex Russo on hit Disney series, Wizard of Waverly Place, she was rejected by the director.
The 18-year old recalled: "When I was 11, I had a casting director say to me, ‘You’re not strong enough to carry your own show. You’re not strong enough to be part of the Disney Channel.'
"I cried all the time afterwards but I just kept on working hard. Whenever you have a goal, whether you want to be a doctor or a singer, people will find a way to bring you down."
She added: "I always tell people that if you have something you’re really passionate about, don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it."
Gomez recently hit the headlines after a fake topless picture of herself emerged online, leaving the teen "furious" and considering legal action.
Source: mtv.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment